So the bucket list is supposed to be that list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket. There’s a concept for the bucket list I don’t like: the ‘kick the bucket’ part. I mean, after all, shouldn’t we be focusing on things we want to do while we’re still alive instead of focusing on what we want to do before we die? It might seem like a bit of semantic debate, but to me, it makes a difference. I don’t want to focus on doing all these things if dying is the goal. I want to live and do these things and keep adding to my list. I mean, if my bucket list always stays full, then I can never die, right?
I have often said that I could not possibly die while in the middle of writing one of my novels, and since I always keep at least two novels in the works at all times, I think it’s likely I’m going to live forever. Health problems be damned. I’m immortal!
But that all said, I’ve decided to do a short bucket list today. These are the things I would like to do sometime in my lifetime. Consider this a writing prompt for yourself and share with us on your own blog or in the comments things you want to do while you’re living too!
MICHY’S BUCKET LIST
- Have at least one best-selling novel published by a major publisher.Hopefully, I’ll have dozens, hundreds, even!
- Have grandchildren – my kids are awesome, but I’m ready to spoil a baby I can send home. Well, not ‘quite’ ready yet, but eventually.
- Visit Spain, France, England, Germany and most of all New Zealand. This will be hard to do now, because with the PAH, I can’t fly, so we’ll have to take cruises. Though rest assured, if Carnival Cruise Lines doesn’t get their act together, I surely won’t be cruising with them.
- Try blowfish, just once, at least. But I might wait until someone else tries it before me!
- Raise a pot bellied piglet. I want to call him Hamlet.
- Have at least one of my books made into a movie or a television series. Covington Confessions would make an awesome television show.
- Build my dream home, in a compound, with little bungalow houses for my entire family, so we can all be together but have our own space. With a big-screen home theater system, of course. And a courtyard. And a garden and greenhouse. And a swimming pool… and indoor/outdoor swimming pool. Heated and cooled. Yep. And a gourmet chef on staff!
- Oh, and… I dunno, maybe help bring about world peace? Or… something.
There’s my short list. Some of it’s silly, some of it I am absolutely going to do. Like the best-selling novel. That one has to happen. The grandchildren one I can’t really control, but hope springs eternal and whatnot. Traveling, health allowing, I intend to do, perhaps when I go on tour for my best-selling novel, right? Blowfish – well, I could take it or leave it. The piggy, well, right now, I can’t do that, because we have too many animals and pigs live a long time, so if I can’t do it soon, I probably won’t get to do that one, because I don’t want to die and leave a piggy behind without a family. But I do think about it.
Anyway, I’m sure if I think about it a long time, I can think of other things I want to do in this life. But these are the ones I think of most often, the ones that are on my mind.
What about you? What things do you want to do while you’re still living this life?
Love and stuff,