Let there be peace on earth…
…and let it begin with me.
So I’ve been doing some thinking today, pensive, reflective… below is sharing just some of the thoughts running through my head.
I know that:
- ~~I am what I help others become, good or bad, right or wrong, what I give out I will get get back multiplied.
- ~~I am happiest when I am at peace with others…
- ~~I am best to others when I am at peace with myself.
- ~~Forgiveness is a gift I give myself and not something I must extend to another, and that forgiveness is not the same as reconciliation. I can have one without the other.
- ~~Everything I say or do affects everyone and everything, in the entire universe, to some degree.
Because I know this:
- ~~I seek to help others become successful, peaceful, happy, and when I do, success, peace and happiness will find me.
- ~~I will let the petty things leave my awareness, and focus only on that which brings contentment to my soul.
- ~~I can forgive others for human indiscretions, because I know that no one is perfect, and we all make mistakes, and I can forgive infallibility, both in myself and others, but that I also do not have to put myself at risk or in danger, real or perceived, physical or emotional, in order to forgive and let go.
- ~~I seek to guard my words and thoughts carefully, using them only for the powerful creation of that which brings peace and calm, laughter and love, into the lives of those around me, and my own life too.
Excerpt from Reinhold Niebuhr’s Serenity Prayer:
“God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.”
Some people wear their religion (note I did not say faith) on their sleeve, like a badge or a chip. Others live their faith in practice. I choose, as much as possible, to lead by example, and I release myself from the need to prove anything to anyone except myself and the universe (or God as I may or may not believe him to exist. Judgment then comes only from things bigger than me, bigger than human.
“One more sad story is one more than I can stand. I sure could use a little good news today…”
So release these things:
- ~~I release myself from the desire to have everyone like me and realize that sometimes, for good reason or no reason at all, there will be those who will not like me. I cannot change that, so I seek the wisdom and compassionate empathy to accept that, even if I may never know why.
- ~~ I release myself from the need to defend myself against accusations that have no basis in my reality, regardless of how much they might be founded in someone else’s reality.
- ~~ I release myself for feeling guilt for defending myself against accusations that have no basis in my reality, when defending myself may unintentionally hurt another.
- ~~ I release all those around me from any obligation, real or imagined, I have imposed upon them that requires them to act in a certain way that is inline with my expectations for them and not letting them simply be who they are.
I know that the universe provides perfectly and completely that which we put out there that we want. It will align to bring each of us what we seek, what we manifest in our thoughts, and what we do and say in our actions. What goes around comes around and karma is in effect and you do reap what you sow, so plant good seeds and tender loving care with your thoughts, words, deeds and actions, and you grow a good crop.
And you can toss out a few rotten stalks in exchange for bushels of bountiful growth.
It’s a fair trade. The universe is all about balance.
I choose to be at peace.
It’s a choice.
You choose too.
I’m also done rambling now.
Love you all!
Love and stuff,